TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. This unique test is designed to check and certify the English proficiency of non-English speaking people in the world. The test is generally divided into three main categories. Each category has its own time limit and the test is conducted through an array of MCQ ( Multiple Choice Questions ) with 4 options to each question.
The average English skill level ranges between Intermediate and Advanced.
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas
Over 9,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over a 130 countries accept TOEFL scores as a medium of determining the English proficiency of candidates. It is generally held up to 50 times a year, that’s almost one every week and you can take this exam how many times ever you want. But there’s a catch. You can’t take it again up till 12 days once you’ve already taken the exam. And you can book for another upcoming test after a period of 12 days while already having booked for one test earlier.
The cost of the test ranges from US$160 to US$250 and varies between countries.
Here are a list of Coaching Centers which conducts classes for your TOEFL Prep:
- T.I.M.E – The T.I.M.E. TOEFL iBT programme, 30 highly interactive sessions are conducted over approximately 45 – 50 days. The highlight of these sessions is that they not only prepare you for the TOEFL iBT, they also give you the confidence to communicate better in everyday life. They conduct classes throughout their different centers in Bangalore which include – BTM second stage, Indiranagar, Jayanagar, Koramangla, Maratahalli, Yelahanka and others. Classes are conducted only on weekends and the total cost is nearabout 10,000 including the cost of the test. For more info you can go to: http://www.time4education.com/branchoffice1.asp?id=2
- IMS – The study material consists of 2 CDs:
- CD 1 comprises study booklets on listening, reading, speaking, writing and language building.
- CD 2 contains exercises on listening, speaking and writing.
- The speaking booklet will help you familiarise yourself with certain nuances of American English.
- The language builder will help you familiarise yourself with the nuances of the English language in its written and spoken form.
- The writing booklet will help you learn how to identify key information, organise your ideas, write a draft and, finally, edit your essay.
- The booklet on reading introduces you to the various types of passages and questions that appear in the TOEFL® iBT.
- The listening CD will help you familiarise yourself with the spoken word and then answer the questions that follow.
Programme Fee: Rs. 499/-
These are now the most popular tuition centers for TOEFL preparation in Bangalore. Stick to the website for an article on IELTS prep. Feel free to contact me if you want to on my email.