Applications are invited for the award of a maximum of 10 NCERT Doctoral Fellowship in the field of education and other disciplines directly related to education. The Fellowships are for young candidates to pursue doctoral work in a recognized University of their choice. This program encouraged the students from different discipline to research in the field of education.
Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas :-
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes
- Teacher Educators’ Education
Eligibility Criteria for the Programme :-
Candidates applying for the programme should have either completed pre doctoral research methodology course or enrolled/selected for such course for appropriate duration as approved by UGC.
Important Notes :-
- The fellowship will be limited to extremely deserving candidates only .
- Each Doctoral Fellow will be required to present a seminar at the end of each Semester.
- The doctoral Fellow will be required to contribute to the RIE teaching programme , field research and/or the curriculum development and text book development programme of NCERT for 30 days in a year.
Application procedure :-
Application should be made in the prescribed format ( Download from NCERT website ) or can be obtained by post. Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1500 words on the theme of the proposed research wchich should be contain following statements :-
- Rationale and objective of the study
- Conceptual Frame Works
- proposed methodology
- Potential contribution of the study
Selection Procedure :-
Candidates will be selected by presentation – cum- Interview Method.
Fellowship Amount :-
NCERT Doctoral fellows will receive an ampunt of Rs 12000/- par month ( for non NET ) and Rs 16000/-( For NET qualified Candidates). They also receive a contingency grant of Rs 1000/- per year during this period.
Last date Of Application : 20 th October 2014.
Division of Educational Research
Zakir Husain Block,
National Council of Educational Research and Training
Sri Aurobindo Marg
New Delhi – 110 016 For details visit NCERT website: www.ncert.nic.in, Click here