Announcement for CAT 2017 Test is released and scheduled to be held on 26th November 2017. Will discuss Important dates, Eligibility, Test Centers and How to Apply for CAT 2017.
CAT- Common Admission Test is one of the toughest and unique test to take admission into Management programs at Indian Institute of Management.
CAT is treated as toughest test after IAS among students.
Don’t worry, It’s tough but crackable. If you crack it and got the admission into any one of the IIM, will get the best learning in Management Education.
Important Dates for CAT 2017
Don’t forget the Important Dates of CAT 2017. Schedule your study time according to it.
- CAT 2017 Registration Starts: 9th August 2017
- Online Registration Ends: 20th September 2017
- Admit Card Download: 18th October 2017
- CAT 2017 Online Test: 26th November 2017
- CAT 2017 Result Announcement: 2nd Week of January 2018
Keep in mind, registration of CAT 2017 ends on 2oth September 2017. You have to apply on or before this date. It’s better to apply before 20th September to avoid technical glitch due to heavy traffic on last day.
Eligibility to Apply for CAT 2017
If you are a Graduate and having 50% marks, you are eligible to apply for the CAT 2017 Test.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor degree with 50% marks from any of the recognized University
- 45% marks will be considered for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- Final year students of Graduation can also apply for the test
Educational qualification is just the Gate pass to apply for the CAT 2017. CAT score is most important to join Management programs at IIM.
Reservations of seats
As per Govt regulation, some seats are reserved for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- For SC Candidates: 15%
- For ST candidates: 7.5%
- For OBC Candidates: 27%
- For PwD Candidates: 5%
To avail the reservation, you have to suffice the certificate at the time of admission. So, apply for the reservation if you have the certificate handy with you.
CAT 2017 Registration Fees
Candidates must pay registration fees online mode only through Credit card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
- For General Candidates: Rs. 1800/-
- For SC/ST/PwD Candidates: Rs. 900/-
CAT 2017 will be conducted in 140 cities. Detailed list of Test centers will be available on the official website from 18th October 2017. Name of the Test center will be displayed on the Admit Card.
How to Apply for CAT 2017?
Are you are gone through all the details information about CAT 2017, then proceed to the online application.
If this is the 1st time for you, you have to register as a New User. You can able to apply from 9th August 2017.
Read these 5 Best article to crack the CAT effectively.
- How many hours of study required to Crack CAT 2017?
- Top 10 Important readings for CAT preparation by Ravi Handa.
- Top 5 Youtube Channel for CAT preparation
- Top Recommended Books for CAT Preparation
- You can Crack the CAT easily with these tips and Techniques
Stay with CampusTwist for more information about CAT preparation.