Finally, the wait is over for lakhs of government job aspirants in Odisha, the release of notification for the permanent post of Assistant Section Officer 2018-19 gives the shy of relief to the eligible candidates.
On Tuesday the Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has issued the official notification inviting applications from interested and eligible candidates for ASO in Group B of Odisha Secretariat Service under Home Department.
Eligible candidates can apply for the positions on or before November 9, 2018. However, the application process will start from October 10, 2018.
There are 500 posts open for recruitment and 166 posts are reserved for women. For more details, candidates can follow this article or visit the official website opsconline.gov.in
Important Dates for Assistant Section Officer 2018-19
The official schedule for ASO is discussed below.
|Availability of Online application form||10th October 2018|
|Closing Date for Submission of application form||9th November 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of Examination Fee||13th November 2018|
|Date of Examination||23rd December 2018|
How to Register for Assistant Section Officer 2018-19?
Registration and Application fill up can only be done through online mode on the official website.
Want to know official Notification? Click Here
The registration process is open from 10th October 2018 to 9th November.
- Documents to be uploaded :
- Scanned images such as photograph, signature and Left Thumb impression
- At the time of applying, candidates can choose the examination center among the thirty-three cities
- No change is permitted after the submission of application form.
- For further references, candidates should take a print copy of ASO application form 2018.
Documents required after qualifying the written examination
Candidates who had been qualified the written examination will be required to bring the following documents with them
- S.C or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by concerned Board/Council
- Intermediate/+2 Certificate issued by concerned Board/Council
- Degree Certificate issued by recognized University
- OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of examination fee
- Certificate of character from the Principal/ Dean or Professor in charge of a Department of Teaching of the college or University in which the candidate last studied
- Caste Certificate by birth in the claim as S.C. /S.T. /S.E.B.C.
- Aadhaar Card
- Required Odia Pass Certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha
- In the case of Government Servants ( permanent/ temporary) NOC (No Objection Certificate) is required
- Identity card of a sports person issued by the Director of sports, Odisha
- Disability Certificate issued by concerned Medical Board
Eligibility for Assistant Section Officer 2018-19
For applying ASO examination candidates have to meet certain eligibility criteria. They are as follows
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian National
- Age: The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but not more than 32 years on the 1st day of January 2018
- Age relaxation for different categories will be provided as per Government’s rule
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- Pass Percentage – No minimum pass percentage is needed for applying.
- Must have proper knowledge in Computer Application
- Candidates must be able to read, write and speak Odia.
- Passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a language Subject; or
- Passed HSC or equivalent Examination with Odia as a medium of examination in the non-language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class-VII from School or Educational Institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department of Government of Odisha.
- A candidate with more than one spouse living or in the case of a woman candidate, if married to a person having one spouse living, shall not be eligible for the exam.
- Reservation and Concession meant for S.C./S.T./S.E.B.C by birth are admissible only for the citizen of Odisha state
Application Fees of ASO 2018-19
- The application fee will be deposited through online challan.
- The application fee is neither refundable nor transferable to the candidates.
A complete detail about the fee is given below:
Candidates must take a printout of Online Challan( Pay –in –Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of SBI.
Exam Pattern for Assistant Section Officer 2018-19
- There will be two stages in the ASO Examination
- Written,( Objective Type- MCQs)
- Skill test in Computer Application
- Date: On 23rd December 2018 candidates can appear on the written exam.
- Mode of Exam: It will be a pen and paper mode exam.
- Type of Questions: There will be MCQs in the written exam.
- Duration: Written Exam duration is of five hours
- Number of Questions: All total there will be 400 questions asked in the exam
- Marks: There will be a question paper for 400 marks
- There are three papers of MCQs carrying 400 marks each in written examination
- General Awareness 100 marks
- Reasoning and Math 100 marks
- Language (English & Odia) 200 marks
- Skill Test in Computer Application 50 marks
Zone of Examination:
- The Written Examination will be held at thirty-three Zonal centers of the State
- At the time of filling the online application, candidates are required to select the zone of their choice.
- Request for change of zone will not be entertained by the Officials
Scheme and Subject for the Examination:
- The Written examinations consist of Three papers
- The paper I General Awareness – 100 marks – 1hr 30 minutes
- Paper II
- Reasoning – 50 marks
- Math(10th level) – 50 marks 100 marks – 1hr 30 minutes
- Paper III Language
- English – 100 marks 200 marks – 2 hours
- Odia – 100 marks
- Negative Marking –
In the Written Examination, candidates shall be awarded 01 marks for correct response of each question. One – fourth( 0.25) marks assigned to that question shall be deducted for indicating an incorrect answer of each question.
- The candidates those who have been qualified the written test will be called for the Skill Test by the Commission which will be of Qualifying nature.
Detailed Syllabus of ASO Written Examination is available on the Website of the Commission. To avoid last moment rush candidates must apply before the closing date, 9th November 2018.
In case of any guidance/ information regarding the recruitment, candidates can contact over Telephone No. 18003456770 or 155335 on any Government working day between 10.30 A.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.