Even though there are lots of resources available in online, books are the best use for clarifying the fundamentals of any subject. Books are always with you physically to clarify in depth solution of your fundamental learning. To understand the basics of any of the subjects, advised to read books first and then use the online material, apps, the website to enhance more.
GATE 2016 notification is already out. This year few changes are made to accelerate the examination functionality. Use of virtual on-screen calculator and answer keys are available in short time for the challenge is best addition for the student.
- Communication –Modern Digital and Analog Communications by B. P. Lathi
- Signals and Systems –Signals and Systems by Alan V. Oppenheim, Allan S. Willsky, S. Hamid Nawab.
- Electronic Devices – Semiconductor Physics and Devices by Donald Neamen.
- Electromagnetic Theory — Principles of Electromagnetics by Matthew N. O. Sadiku
- Control systems: Control Systems Engineering – M Gopal, I. J. Nagrath and Automatic Control Systems – Benjamin C Kuo
- Digital electronics: Digital Design – M. Morris Mano, Modern Digital electronics – R P Jain, Microprocessor Architecture, Programming and Applications with 8085 – Ramesh Gaonkar
- Analog circuits: Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications -Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth Carless Smith and Op. Amps & Linear Integrated Circuit – Gayakwad
- Engineering mathematics: Higher Engineering Mathematics – B. S. Grewal and GATE engineering mathematics – R.K. Kanodia for practice purpose.
- Network Theory: Engineering Circuit Analysis -William H. Hayt and Network Analysis – M. E. Van Valkenburg
This year complete syllabus of GATE 2016 is available in official website of GATE.