The official notification for Canara Bank PO 2018 recruitment is released; you all would have already started to get yourself ready to appear in the examination that is to be conducted on 23rd of December.
The bank officially doesn’t release an official syllabus for the exam but we can conjecture by the questions asked in the previous years that the syllabus is really vast. It is geared towards testing an aspirant’s versatility to solve complex questions in the most prolific manner.
Canara Bank PO 2018-Important Dates
- Online Registration starts: 23 Oct 2018
- Online Registration ends: 13 Nov 2018
- Admit Card download: After 5 Dec 2018
- Online Exam: 23 Dec 2018
Canara Bank PO 2018- Eligibility
- Age Eligibility: Minimum 20 years – Maximum 30 years (as on 01.10.2018) i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.10.1988 and not later than 01.10.1998 (both days inclusive)
- Educational Qualification: A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as IBPS PO exam is conducted online.
- Language Proficiency: The candidates shall acquire working knowledge in Hindi, if not possessed already, before completion of probationary period.
Canara Bank PO-Application Fee
- Others: Rs. 708/-
- SC/ST/PWBD: Rs. 118/-
Note: Includes GST @18%
Canara Bank PO 2018- Total 800 Vacancies
- General: 404
- SC: 120
- ST: 60
- OBC: 216
Canara Bank PO 2018-Selection Process
- Online Objective Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern
|Subject||Medium||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||English & Hindi||50||50||Composite of 2 Hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude||English & Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English & Hindi||50||50|
Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 penalties for wrong answers in the test.
Canara Bank PO Exam Syllabus
The objective type examination of Canara Bank PO Exam comprises of 4 sections: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||English Language||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness|
|Profit & Loss||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs|
|Mixtures &Alligations||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness|
|Work & Time||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness|
|Time & Distance||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Input Output||Para Jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test|
|Data Interpretation||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting|
|Probability||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Data Sufficiency|
|Number Systems||Coding and Decoding|
|Permutations & Combination||Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
[googlepdf url=”http://www.campustwist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/CanaraBankNotification2018-ilovepdf-compressed.pdf” download=”Download” ]
As the upward trend in the complexity of questions has only made the consistency of the examination pattern a question mark, one thing that is pretty clear is that you need to be ready for a bolt from the blues and prepare accordingly. So, students practice as much as you can, put the best of your efforts in your preparations, prepare all the topics well and make a go of it.
To apply visit www.canarabank.com
You may also like
- Intelligence Bureau recruitment 2018, Apply for 1054 vacancies
- Think Beyond IITs: Premier Institutes in India for Pure Science & Research