What is Genetic Engineering?
It is the process of manually Adding new DNA to an Organism. By using bio technology the direct manipulation of an organism’s genome is called as genetic modification/ Genetic Engineering. By this process a genetic engineer modified an Organism.
Genetic Engineering technique widely applied in various field, such as research, agriculture, industrial biotechnology, and medicine. Now corps are genetically modified for the commercial use.
Career in genetic engineering is highly complicated and advance branch of science and technology. It’s nothing but modification or manipulation of organism.
The demand of Genetic Engineer in India as well as Abroad is very high. Genetic Engineers are accepted in Pharma Industry, Agriculture industry and research and development of Govt and Private Sector.
Genetic Engineers are mostly absorbed by Pharma Industry for the development of medicines. They are normally associated to develop the generically Medicines, proteins and antibodies to fight cancer, vaccines for hepatitis B, hormones to halt anemia and antibodies to prevent organ rejections in transplant patients
To prepare the genetic food for the live stock, Genetic Engineer plays significant role in this industry. Genetic engineers are also behind growth hormones that make leaner meat and increase meat and milk output in cattle and pigs.
After the Pharma, Genetic engineers are helping the agriculture Industry to develop the food grain and protect from the disease. The role of Genetic engineer is to upgrade the production of corps and plants and enhance their resistance to diseases and pests.
Courses Available For Genetic Engineering:-
Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses are available for the Genetic engineering.
Institute Providing Genetic Engineering Course:-
- Institute OF genetic Engineering, Kolkata
- Department of Generic Engineering , Tamilnadu
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Marg, New Delhi-110 029.
- Amravati Uaniversity, Amravati-44 602
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan-304 022
- Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-641 046, TN
- Bose Institute, P-1/12, CIT Scheme, VII Kankurgachi, Calcutta-700 054.
- Calicut University, Kozhikode-673 635, Kerala
- Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-25.
- Centre for Biotechnology, Pondicherry University, Pondichery-605 014.
- Centre for Plant Molecular Biology, Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641 003
- Consortium India Ltd,. G-6, (3rd Floor), NDSE Part 1, New Delhi.
- Department of Biotechnology, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
- Department of Biotechnology, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143 005.
- epartment of Biotechnology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta-700 032.
- Department of Biotechnology, Punjab University, Goa-5.
- Department of Marine Sciences, Goa University, Goa-5.
- Department of Microbiology, M.S. University, Vadodara-390 002, Gujarat.
- Department of Zoology, Poona University, Pune-411 007, Maharashtra.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad-431 004.
- Faculty of Applied Science, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam-686 560, Kerala.
- Faculty of Science, G.B, Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar-263 145, Nainital Dist. Uttar Pradesh.
- Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar, Haryana.
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-171 005.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110 012.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560 012.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Haus Khas, New, Delhi-6.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur-723 102.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai-400 076.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar-243 122, Uttar Pradesh.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Masab Tank, Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad-Anadhra Pradesh.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110 067.