What Is Proficiency Test?
This Test is conducted by the CBSE, to measure an Individuals Abilities and skills in a particular domain, how he understood the related subjects concepts and principles. It will access student’s skill in reading and writing in the language and ability to apply concept and principles in science. The Proficiency Test will mainly focus on assessing students’ abilities and skills to apply knowledge and understanding of any subject to new and unfamiliar everyday life situations.
Features of the Test: –
- It is optional in nature , any student wish can take the test
- It will be conducted in the month of April 2014
- It will be conducted in 5 main subjects
- Social Science
- It will be a paper pen test
- It will attract separate examination fees for separate test
- The registration fee has to be submitted in the form of a Demand Draft in favour of “Secretary, CBSE, Delhi” payable at Delhi.
- Every student appearing in the test will be issued a certificate by the Board indicating percentile rank.
Question Paper Format: –
- Multiple choice Question
- Answer to be Marked in Separate OMR Sheet
- Every Subject will carry 100 markes
- Duration Of the test will be 150 minits ( 2 ⅟2 Hour )
- Test based on class IX-X Syllabus prescribed by CBSE
- Negative Marks will be for wrong Answer
- The timings of the test will be from 10.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. in every subject.
Procedure for online submission of List of candidates shall be available on the website from 3rd December 2013. The last date for submitting the online information is 31st December, 2013.
The print out of filled in online registration form (Hard copy) duly signed and attested by the Principal of the school along with the registration fee in the form of a draft in favour of “Secretary, CBSE, Delhi” payable at Delhi, may be submitted to the Sh. Ram Shankar, Assistant Professor & Joint Director (A&V), Central Board of Secondary Education, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi-110 002 by 15th January, 2014.
Date of Examination:
|THRUS DAY||17/04/2014||SOCIAL SCIENCE|
- One subject : Rs 300/-
- Two Subject : Rs 400/-
- Three Subject : Rs 500/-
- Four or Five Subjects : Rs 600/-