Every year approximately 3 lakhs and more students take this test.
OJEE MBA 2017 exam was held in the month of May. The MBA question paper is a paper-pencil based exam with 120 objective multiple-choice questions from Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension and Computer and Business Fundamentals. The total exam duration is 2 hours.
There are 10 government colleges and 57 private colleges in Odisha which accept the scores of this test. The results of OJEE MBA 2017 was declared on 31st May 2017.
In this article, we will be focusing only on OJEE MBA, so as to give our readers a clear idea about the various aspects of the exam such as exam pattern, level of difficulty, section wise paper analysis, and section wise preparation tips.
OJEE MBA is reviewed by CollegeDunia, widely accepted Education Search engine by the study seekers.
Exam Pattern of OJEE MBA 2017
The exam pattern of OJEE MBA has not altered over the years. Every year the exam pattern is as follows:
|Section||No of Questions|
|Computer and Business fundamentals||10|
- OJEE MBA paper the overall level of difficulty remained between moderate-tough.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning section was considered to be relatively tough.
- English section remained to be moderate-easy in nature.
Section wise analysis of OJEE MBA
Every year the sectional difficulty level varies. The section wise analysis of OJEE MBA 2017 is discussed below.
1.. OJEE MBA Analytical Reasoning
This section comprises of questions from Arithmetic, Percentages, Time & Work, Average, Percentage, and Profit & Loss. Aside from the mentioned topics, there can also be questions from Geometry & Mensuration, Permutation, and Combinations, Venn Diagrams, Ratio & Proportion and Variation, trigonometry and probability.
In the table given below, the detailed analysis of OJEE 2017 analytical reasoning section is mentioned:
|Topics||No. of questions||Difficulty level|
|Time & Work||5||Easy to moderate|
|Speed, Distance & Time||7||Easy|
|SI & CI||4||Moderate|
|Mixtures and Allegation||4||Difficult|
|Geometry||2||Moderate to difficult|
|Percentages||4||Easy to moderate|
|Profit and Loss||5||Moderate|
|Probability||2||Moderate to difficult|
|Mensuration||2||Moderate to difficult|
|H.C.F and L.C.M||2||Easy to moderate|
Everyone has faced difficulty in this section. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when preparing for this section:
- Take as many aptitude tests as you can. Practice makes perfect.
- Focus on time management in this section.
2.. OJEE VERBAL REASONING
This section covers verbal skills such as knowledge of vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, grammar, sentence correction etc.
The difficulty level of this section is easy. Along with the above-mentioned topics, questions are also asked on odd one Out, fill in the blanks and reasoning.
There is also a comprehension in this section and the questions asked on it are simple and easy to score. Candidates need a good grasp on grammar to clear this section.
In the table given below, the detailed analysis of OJEE 2017 verbal reasoning section is mentioned:
|Topics||Number of questions asked|
|Vocabulary (Synonyms and Antonyms)||4|
On an average, it takes the candidate 15-20mins to answer this section. The candidate must read the comprehension carefully and completely understand it to answer the questions asked.
This section is comparatively the easiest section in this exam but students should not underestimate verbal reasoning as well. A few tips to help in your preparation are:
- Practice reading comprehensions. Students with good reading speed can save time and score well in this section. To increase your reading speed, it is best to read magazines, newspapers on a daily basis.
- Increase your vocabulary. A good vocabulary will always help you perform well in these kinds of tests.
3.. OJEE COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS
In OJEE MBA, the computer awareness section can be regarded as an important section. Candidates passed out from non-computer background often find it difficult.
However, the level of the difficulty of this section is usually moderate to difficult. Questions in this section cover topics such as operating systems, software engineering, networks, computer architecture, DBMS, programming and so on.
Although students from computer backgrounds do not need much preparation for this section, the non-computer background students should not take this section lightly. Tips that will help you prepare for this section are as follows:
- Have minimum knowledge of programming. Programming skills are required in this section.
- Focus on the history of computers such as how computers were made, various operating systems etc.
- Know the how software is created. The software creation model is important along with knowledge of binary digits, booting process and how computers operate.
4.. OJEE GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND BUSINESS
This section consists of questions from both current and static general knowledge. The total number of questions in this section is 10 and their difficulty level is based on categories are as follows:
|Politics & Civics||Easy|
|Science & Technology||Moderate|
|History||Easy to moderate|
|Economy & finance||Moderate|
|Miscellaneous||Easy to moderate|
Some candidates find this section difficult but it is not. Here are a few ways to get better in GK:
- No one gets good in general knowledge in a day, the key is to always keep track of the current news, therefore, students should read newspapers or watch the news to stay updated.
- For static GK and abbreviations, students can refer any good GK books.
We hope this article was helpful and provided you with all information necessary for the OJEE MBA examination. According to the official website, the OJEE 2018 exam will be held in May of next year.
Author Name: Devyani Madan. Source: Collegedunia.com