Do you know the Eligibility to apply for IAS Exam?
Before applying or preparing any of the Examination, you must know the Eligibility criteria for this.
There are 4 kinds of eligibility criteria for any of the Competitive Examination.
Same here for IAS examination.
- Educational Qualification
- Age Eligibility
- Number of attempts
You have to check out both the eligibility criteria to apply for it.
To apply for IAS Exam you must be a citizen of India.
Nepal and Bhutan citizen can also apply for the Examination.
Educational Qualification Requirement
No doubt Educational Qualification is a must for IAS Examination.
A Bachelor Degre from a recognized University is must to apply for the Exam.
Those are in final year of the Graduation or waiting for result can also apply.
You can not apply for IAS Examination at any age.
You should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years old as on 1st August 2017.
Upper age limit relaxation is reserved for the Aspirants of Below Category.
- For SC/ST Candidates: 5 Years
- For OBC Candidates: 3 Years
- For Defence Service personnel: 3 Years
- For Blind, Deaf, and Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates: 10 Years
Number of attempts:-
Your attempt for the IAS Exam is counted.
Maximum Number of Attempts is capped as per the Category of the Candidates.
- For General Candidates: 6 Attempts
- For SC/ST Candidates: No limit
- For OBC Candidates: 9 Attempts
We have written some article which will help you in IAS Preparation. Check out this.
- How to Prepare IAS Examination Effectively?
- How to prepare IAS Exam, When you are in College?
- Top 10 YouTube Channel for IAS Preparation
This Video of Unacademy will help you a lot to understand in Details about Eligibility criteria for IAS Exam.