The Scholarship Program provides financial and other assistance to students for their higher education in India. Assistance is available to any students with any qualification whatsoever, irrespective of the caste, community, gender or religion of the applicant. To qualify for one of the scholarship programmes, an applicant must be studying in a course approved by the Foundation and meet the specified eligibility criteria.
Now, new applicants are can apply for this scholarship while studying in the first year of their degree course. You need to meet certain requirements though. These would include certain criteria like educational and family income.
The academic eligibility criteria for professional courses in engineering, technology and medicine are:
- Only the professional degree courses BE, B Tech and MBBS are eligible for scholarships. Diploma students admitted to BE, B Tech courses on a lateral basis are not eligible.
- Only first year applicants beginning their studies in BE, B Tech or MBBS in the academic year 2014-15 are eligible.
- The applicants should have passed their Higher Secondary/Pre-University/Intermediate/ CBSE/ISC or equivalent board qualifying examination not earlier than in 2013.
- The applicants should have scored not less than 70% marks at the qualifying examination.
- The applicants’ admissions to their professional degree courses/institutions should be on the basis of the open/general merit rank awarded to them at the state or national level entrance tests or through a counselling process conducted at the state level (as in the case of Tamil Nadu), as per the table given below.
- Applicants who have obtained admission to IITs and medical colleges on the basis of national level tests (JEE, AIPMT, etc.) will be considered as special cases on the basis of their respective merit ranks/marks scored and financial need.
- For students joining IITs, the eligibility/selection cutoff criteria will be the total marks scored at the IIT JEE by the last ranked General Category student admitted.
Maximum eligible ranks for entrants to professional courses in AY 2014-15
|Course Category and States||Maximum Eligible Rank|
|Engineering and Technology (BE, B Tech) Courses|
|JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination) (All India Rank)||1,00,000|
|Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh||7,500|
|Haryana, Rajasthan, Kerala, Punjab, West Bengal and Chattishgarh||4,000|
|Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Puducherry, Jharkhand, Bihar, Assam and Jammu & Kashmir||2,500|
|Goa, Chandigarh, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Andaman & Nicobar Islands||500|
|Medicine (MBBS) Course|
|Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu||1,000|
|Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Gujarat, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Punjab and Puducherry||750|
|Delhi, Odisha, Bihar, Haryana, Assam, Uttaranchal, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Goa, Chandigarh and Sikkim||500|
The above state-wise rank cut-off limits are based on the official seat intake capacities of the various states as authorized by the All India Council of Technical Education for degrees in engineering/technology and by the Medical Council of India for degrees in medicine.
Family Income Criteria:
The gross family income criteria is Rs. 1,80,000 per year. Gross income refers to the income before deductions for taxes or other purposes.
- In addition to gross family income, the education and occupation of parents as well as family members including elder brother(s) and sister(s), the family’s living conditions and the total expenses being incurred by the family on the applicant’s education will be taken into consideration for determining the financial eligibility of an applicant.
- Applicants who are the first graduates of the family will be preferred over applicants who are the second or third child of the family taking up graduation.
- Where parents of applicants are employees, a salary/pay slip from the employer is mandatory. The salary/pay slip should clearly show the family member’s gross monthly salary with full details of his/her basic salary and all allowances and deductions. The employer and the facilitator should certify the salary/pay slip. Submission of an Income certificate from a local or other government authority in lieu of a salary/pay slip is not acceptable.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are retirees/pensioners, a pension statement from the pension authority and/or from an authorized bank showing the gross monthly pension of the family member, inclusive of any supplementary allowances and before any deductions is required. Pensioners should also provide documents to show the official status or designation, gross salary drawn at the time of retirement and the name of the employing organization. If the parent/guardian has recently retired under a voluntary retirement scheme, reasons for retirement, and amount of lump sum benefits received on retirement should be disclosed.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are in business or self-employed, income certificate issued by any government authority or the income tax return should be submitted in support of the gross family income specified in the application. Specific details of the nature and size of the business or self-employment should also be provided.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are agriculturists or have farming or cultivation as their source of income, an income certificate from a recognized or competent authority should be submitted. Details of the nature and size of the land holding, crops grown, etc. wet or dry land irrigation should also be provided.
First you need to send an application online or via post to the organization. Then you’ll need to connect with FFE Facilatator; the organization will help you find one near your city. Once that’s done the FFE facilitator will help you check the eligibility criterion. Then once its all done the organization will get in touch with you with the results.
Link for more info is : www.ffe.org
*Special Note : You can also become a donor or adopt a scholar if you’re up to it. If you have the resources please help someone out. Maybe you can brighten up some smart kid’s future. I would if I could. So tell your parents if you could maybe. Help build a better country.
All info has been collected from the organization’s official website : www.ffe.org