Common Law Admission Test – CLAT 2017 is Schedule to be held on 14th May 2017. This year CLAT conducted by Chanakya national Law University. CLAT is the common admission test for the admission to Undergraduate and Post Graduate law programs of 18 National Law universities of India. Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate aspirants can apply for CLAT 2017.
List of 18 national Law Universities Participating in CLAT 2017
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru.
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad.
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal.
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata.
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur.
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur.
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar.
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow.
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab.
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna.
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi.
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam.
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam.
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli.
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai.
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur.
Important Dates for CLAT 2017
- Online Application Starts: 1st Jan 2017
- Last date for Submission of Online Application: 31st march 2017
- Download of Admit Cards: 20th April 2017
- CLAT 2017 Exam Date: 14th may 2017
- Announcement of Result: 29th may 2017
Eligibility for CLAT 2017
CLAT 2017 is conducted for admission to both Undergraduate and Post Graduate law programs.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Programs:-
- For Unreserved Categories, Candidates must be under the age of 20 as on date 1st July 2017
- For SC/ST/OBC Categories, Candidates must be under the age of 22 as on date 1st July 2017
- For Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons, 45% of Minimum marks required in qualifying Exam (10+2)
- For SC/ST Categories, 40% of Minimum marks required in qualifying Exam (10+2)
Eligibility for Post Graduate Programs:-
- No Upper age limit to apply for Post Graduate programs
- For Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons, 55% of Minimum marks required in qualifying Exam (i.e. LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.))
- For SC/ST Categories, 50% of Minimum marks required in qualifying Exam
Application Fees for CLAT 2017
- For General / OBC / SAP and other category candidates: Rs. 4000/-
- For SC/ST category candidates: Rs. 3500/-
- Cost of Previous year Question paper: Rs 400/-
How to Apply for CLAT 2017?
Application for CLAT 2017 is completely online. Application can be accessed from CLAT website www.clat.ac.in. Before applying for CLAT, all applicants must register themselves for the exam using E-Mail id.
Login ID and Password will be sent to the registered Mail id and the mobile number given at the time of registration.
Before submission of application, a candidate must check the details filled online, because no changes shall be allowed after submission of application.
Application fees can be paid through online only by using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
Scanned copy of signature and passport size photograph to be uploaded at the time of filling application.
Exam Pattern for CLAT 2017
CLAT 2017 question paper contains 200 questions of one mark each. There is a 0.25 deduction of the mark for each wrong answer.
- Maximum marks: 200
- Duration of the Examination: 2 Hours
The subject of the CLAT Examination:-
- English Including Comprehension: 40 marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics: 20 marks
- Legal Aptitude: 50 marks
- Logical Reasoning: 40 marks
List of other Institutes which is Eligible to use CLAT Score for the Admission
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat.
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmadabad
- IFIM Law College, Karnataka
- JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus, Greater Noida U.P
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, UP
- MATS Law School, Raipur.
- Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore.
- RNB Global University, Bikaner.
- Delhi Institute of Rural Development (D.I.R.D.), Holambi, Delhi