The notification for GATE 2019 is out and the application has been available from 1st September. You can apply for GATE 2019 on or before 21st September 2018.
This year, the exam is conducted by IIT, Madras in online mode on February 2, 3, 9 and 10 for 24 papers across 200 cities in India.
GATE is a national level postgraduate entrance exam that offers admission into M.Tech/ M.Sc in engineering/ technology/ architecture and Ph.D. programmes at IITs, IISc, NITs, GFTIs, and other Universities in India in relevant branches of science.
Candidates can found the below article to get complete information about GATE 2019 including application submission, eligibility, exam pattern, centers, answer keys, result, scorecard, etc.
First of all, before appearing any kind of exam you must know, what benefit will that exam give to you.
Why apply for GATE 2019?
With the GATE score, candidates can get admission in Master of Engineering/Master of Technology courses and Ph.D. programs at various IITs, NITs, IISc, GFTI, and other reputed Universities.
Candidates can use their GATE score to apply for jobs in PSUs, Central Government, and Private Sectors.
A scholarship of Rs. 12,400 is given for every month till the completion of course to the candidates those who passed the exam and joined in any state-level or national-level University/college.
GATE score is valid for 3 years till the date of result published.
For the government job, GATE score is valid for a current year only.
Important Dates for GATE 2019
The official schedule for GATE 2019 is discussed below.
|Availability of Online application form||1st September 2018|
|Closing Date for Submission of application form||21st September 2018|
|Extended Date for Registration ( with late fee)||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||16th November 2018|
|Downloading of admit card||From 4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th 2019|
|Announcement of Result||16th March 2019|
|Availability of Score Card||20th March to 31st March 2019|
|Counseling Starts||1st week of April|
How to Apply for GATE 2019?
- Registration and Application fill up can only be done through online mode on the official website of GATE 2019.
- The application form has been started from 1st September 2018 to 21st September 2018.
- Documents to be uploaded :
- Scanned images such as photograph (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm) and signature (Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm).
- Certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate and/or Dyslexic certificate (if applicable).
- At the time of GATE registration 2019, candidates can choose three exam cities as examination centers.
- Candidates can fill any of the ID number specified in any of the following, i.e. Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, Passport, PAN Card & Voter ID.
- No change is permitted after the submission of application form.
- Candidates don’t need to send any hard copy of application/documents to the officials.
- For further references, candidates should take a print copy of GATE application form 2019.
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates have to satisfy certain criteria to appear on the GATE Exam. Below mentioned is the complete eligibility
- Age Limit – No age limit is there for the GATE aspirants
- Nationality – The candidates should be of Indian nationality. Candidates belonging to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates will also be eligible for GATE 2019.
- Educational Requirement – All of the candidates should have completed or been in their final year of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech) or Post-Graduate (M.Sc) degree in any relevant science subject.
- Pass Percentage – No minimum pass percentage is needed for applying GATE 2019.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of a Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
Note: Candidates, those completed/appearing their qualifying exam from countries other than India, they must complete or in the final year of their 4 years bachelors degree in engineering/technology or 2years masters degree in any relevant subjects in science.
Application Fees of GATE 2019:
- The application fee will be deposited through online mode by net banking or debit card or credit card.
- The application fee is neither refundable nor transferable to the candidates.
A complete detail about the fee is given below:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates
All Other Categories
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu
Dubai and Singapore
The application must be filled in a super careful way as no correction is allowed in any fields except exam center.
Other details about the correction are given below.
- By giving required correction fee candidates can make corrections in the exam city from 16th November 2018
- A mail will be sent by the Official authority to the candidate’s registered mail Id regarding the status of the application and defects in it.
- Candidates have to immediately rectify the identified defects within a stipulated time period.
- If you fail to rectify the defects within the specified time period then candidature will be canceled.
- Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects ( statics is new)
- Date: On 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019 candidates can appear on the exam.
- Mode of Exam: It will be a computer-based exam(online mode)
- Type of Questions: There will be MCQs & Numerical type questions in the exam.
- Attempt: Candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Session: The timings of Examination are forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Duration: Exam duration is of three hours.
- Number of Questions: All total there will be 65 questions asked in the exam
- Marks: There will be a question paper of 100 marks
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: The General Aptitude (GA) section is compulsory.
Syllabus and Marking Scheme:
Candidates can check the official site of GATE 2019 for branch- wise complete syllabus and previous year question papers.
A number of questions in the exam are 65 that hold 100 marks. Below is the table for the division of marks.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks/Question||Total Marks|
|Technical, Engineering, Mathematics||25||1||25|
- 1 or 2 marks will be given for MCQs
- Numerical Answer Type also contain 1 or 2 marks
- There is no negative marking for Numerical Answers but for MCQs of 1 mark 0.33 and for 2 marks MCQs 0.66 will be deducted.
GATE Admit Card
- Admit for GATE 2019 will be issued from 4th January 2019
- To download the hall ticket you need GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password.
- Take a print out of the hall ticket for appearing the examination.
Calculation of GATE Score
The below-mentioned formula is used to calculate the GATE Score i.e.,
GATE Percentile = ((N-R)/N)× 100
- N stands for the total number of students appeared in the GATE 2019 exam
- R defines your rank that you have obtained
Result & Score Card:
- The organizing authority will declare the result on the official website on 16th March 2019.
- The candidates who have appeared the exam can only check their result through online mode.
- The candidates who have scored above the qualifying marks can download the scorecard by using their login credentials (Registration No/Email ID) and Password.
- Candidates can download their scorecard from 20th March to 31st March 2019.
Note: The eligibility of your GATE score card is Three (3) years.
To get into the college or University of your choice, candidates have to go through certain procedures.
- After qualifying the GATE exam, you have to go through the Group Discussion/Personal Interview.
- The participating institutions do the counseling separately.
- For getting admission in IIT, NIT, and other government institutes a centralized counseling called as CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/M.Plan) is conducted.
- The IITs conducts their own counseling for the admission in the Tech course. The other state-level universities conduct their own counseling for the admissions.
- GATE 2019 Counseling will be started in the month of April 2019 through online mode.
- Candidates having a valid GATE 2017/2018/2019 scorecard can apply for counseling.
- At the time of counseling registration, candidates have to fill choices of colleges & courses as per their preferences.
- Allotment of the seat will be done on the basis of rank, filled choices, category, availability of seats, etc.
Official website: gate.iitm.ac
If there is any further change in Syllabus and Exam pattern we will update that on this page.