Joint Entrance Screening Test – JEST is conducted to select students for Ph.D. and integrated Ph.D. (PG +PhD) programs in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in prestigious institutes like IISc, IISER, TIFR, IIA etc. JEST presents a golden opportunity to study in these top institutes which provide high-quality research environment.
There are different eligibility for Different Institute.
- For Ph.D. program , Master Certificate is compulsory
- For Integrated MSc/ M.Tech Ph. D programs Bachelor’s degree will be considered
Check the eligibility for all the programs here.
Participating Institute for JEST 2017 :-
Below institutes are participating JEST 2017 for Ph.D. and Integrated MSc programs.
- IISc – Indian Institute of Science
- IISER -Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
- TIFR -Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- ARIES -Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences
- HBNI -Homi Bhabha National Institute
- HRI -Harish-Chandra Research Institute
- ICTS -International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
- IGCAR -Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research
- IIA -Indian Institute of Astrophysics
- IIST -Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
- IMSc-Institue of Mathematical Sciences
- IOP –Institute of Physics
- IPR-Institute of Plasma Research
- IUCAA-Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics
- JNCASR-Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
- NBRC-National Brain Research Centre
Important Dates and Timeline for JEST 2017 :-
- Registration open : 15th Nov 2016
- Last date for Application : 16th December 2016
- JEST 2017 Test date : 19th Feb 2017
Test Will be conducted on Sunday, 19th February 2017.
List of Test Centers For JEST 2017 :-
Below are the list of test centers across India for JEST 2017.
Application Fees for JEST 2017:-
- For General candidates : Rs.300/-
- For SC/ST Candidates : Rs. 150/-
Application fees is required to be paid online along with the Application.
How to Apply for JEST 2017?
Application procedure for JEST is completely online.
To apply online, applicants must create an account on the official website of JEST [Oficial Website] by unique E-Mail id.
- After complete registration, follow the instruction received in E-Mail id to reset the password.
- Upload Your Passport Size photo and Scanned Signature
- Pay the Application Fees online
- No modification allowed after submission of Application Form.
For more Information follow official Website.