The revised notification of NEET 2019 has been released stating that the exam is going to be organized on 5th May 2019. NEET will be conducted once in a year with handwritten only.
Let’s discuss How to Apply for NEET 2019 along with complete information for the exam.
As per the previous announcement by Education Minister in July, NEET will be conducted by the newly formed National Testing Agency twice a year and the exam will be computer-based.
After the Education Ministry’s announcement last month, the Health Ministry had raised concerns over holding NEET twice a year as it may put further pressure on the aspirants.
Another concern was that the computer-based exam may cause disadvantage to the aspirants of rural areas.
To get the complete information about NEET 2019, students must go through this article.
Complete information for NEET 2019 Exam
As per the recent announcement this year also NEET is going to be held once in a year and NTA has decided to conduct it on May 2019 as usual.
Important Dates for NEET 2019 Exam
- Availability of Online application form: 1st November 2018
- Last date of Submission: 30th November 2018
- Download of Admit Cards: 15th April 2019
- NEET 2019 Exam Date: 5th May 2019
- The release of Answer Key: within a week after the exam
- The announcement of the result: 5th June 2019
- Counseling begins: 2nd week of June 2019
What is the Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2019 Exam?
Before applying for the examination students must know their eligibility.
Below is the detailed information about the eligibility of NEET 2019.
To apply for NEET 2019 you must be of 17 years as on date of exam. The maximum age for unreserved is 25years ( 30 for SC/ST and OBC) as on date of exam.
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET UG.
- Those who belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% all India Quota on the basis of the self-declaration.
The requirement of Adhaar Card:
- Adhaar Card is not mandatory for applying the NEET UG.
- NRIs can apply by their Adhaar Card number or Passport Number.
- PIOs, OCIs & Foreign Nationals can apply by Passport Number.
- J&K, Assam and Meghalaya candidates can apply by using any Valid Government ID Number and with passport number, ration card number, bank account number as well.
What is the Educational Qualification requirement for NEET 2019 Exam?
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam. Students appearing the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology with English as the compulsory subject must be there in the qualifying exam.
- Minimum 50% marks for general (unreserved), 45% for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST in the PCB group (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
How to Apply for NEET 2019?
The candidates appearing for the NEET 2019 should fill the application within the given schedule and before the last date of submission to avoid last minute rush in the website.
- The application will be issued through online mode only.
- No application will be entertained through offline mode.
- Registration will begin from 1st November 2018.
- The scanned images of recent passport photograph and signature should be uploaded
- Download the confirmation page after filling the application completely.
- There will be no need of sending the hard copy of the confirmation page to the board.
Application form Correction:-
There will be one time opportunity for the candidates to rectify the mistakes in the application form if there is any. Most likely availability of correction of application will be in the second week of March 2019.
Key details of the form correction:
- There will be 5-6 days of the window to edit the mistakes of the form.
- Correction facility will be provided in the month of December 2018.
- Permissible corrections can be done by using the login link.
- Corrections will be allowed only in those fields that affect candidature and merit.
- NEET UG 2019 application form correction is likely to be available for identification identity, date of birth, gender, state code of eligibility, category, disability status, medium, examination center (limited states).
- Candidates are strongly advised to check all the details before submitting the form
- As an application fee Rs.1400/- have to be paid by the General and OBC candidates.
- The application fee for SC/ST and PH candidates will be Rs.750/-.
Payment of application fee must be done via online mode only, i.e. Debit/Credit card, UPI or E-Wallet. The application fee is non-refundable.
How to get the Admit Card for NEET 2019?
Those who have applied successfully, only be able to download the admit card of NEET 2019.
Candidates can log in to the official website for generating the admit card by entering their Application Number and Date of Birth.
Admit card is mandatory to appear the examination. Any candidates spotting without admit card will be prohibited to appear the NEET 2019.
It is advisory to take a color printout of the admit card. Candidates must keep a copy of admit card safely until end of the admission process.
Note: When a admit card will be download, a PDF copy will be sent to the student’s register email ID.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern:-
Till 2018 CBSE has been designing an Exam Pattern for NEET but this year maybe there will some changes take place in the pattern of examination as NTA will conduct the NEET 2019. The exam pattern mentioned below is based upon the NEET 2018, as soon as we get the updates on the Exam pattern and marking scheme we will surely update it to this page.
- Date of Examination: 5th May 2019
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper based (offline mode)
- Types of Questions: Objective type (MCQ)
- Duration of Examination: Three hours.
- A number of questions: Total 180 question will be asked.
Language: The question paper will be in Hindi, English, Gujurati, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Kannada language.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
The table below shows the mark distribution in the Examination:
|Subject||No. of Question||Marks|
Syllabus for NEET 2019
To score well in any examination candidates must aware of the syllabus. A common syllabus will be provided by MCL (Medical Council of India) for NEET UG exam. If you follow the curriculum designed by the conducting body then the chances of clearing the exam will be high.
Below is the list of topics that are going to come in the NEET 2019 Examination.
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices, etc.
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- p-Block Elements
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Phenols and Ethers
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
NEET 2019 Answer Key:-
The Answer Key is the helpful way to estimate the performance of a candidate. The answer key will be published by the official website of NEET within 1 week after the exam.
Candidates can also challenge the answer key but for that, they have to pay Rs.100/- which will be non-refundable. By visiting the login portal and entering the ID (registration number) and password candidates can challenge the answer key.
Declaration of Result
The NTA will declare the result on the official website for NEET 2019. The candidates who have appeared the exam can only check their result.
- The result will be published on the 5th of June
- There will be no re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets.
- The result will not be arranged category wise.
- Along with the result cut off marks will also be published
- Candidates, who have scored more than the cut off, qualify the exam.
NEET Counseling 2019:-
- The counseling process will be arranged via online mode.
- Medical Committee of the Director General of Health Service will administrate the counseling for 15% All India Quota seats.
- State level counseling will be done separately by the respective state counseling authorities.
- From the second week of June, NEET 2019 counseling will be started.
- Firstly, candidates have to register for counseling and fill their preference for admission.
- Seats will be allotted to the students as per their merit, category, and availability of seats in college.
- Once a seat will allot, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the notified schedule.
Documents required in counseling
- Admit Card
- Rank or score Card
- Any valid government ID proof
- Date of Birth proof
- Recent passport size photograph
- Xerox copy of the above-mentioned documents
Official website: nta.ac.in
If there is any further change in Syllabus and Exam pattern we will update that on this page.