If you are resident of Odisha, you can apply for Post of Junior Clerk for Odisha Sub-ordinate Staff Selection Commission on or before 8th September 2017. It is only for the resident of Odisha or Nativity of Orissa only.
Notification announced on 28th July 2017.
If you have passed 10+2 Examination, this is the best opportunity to apply for Govt Job. Note that the appointment of this job is Contractual basis.
- Name of the Post: District and Circle/Range Cadre posts of Junior Clerk in various District under different Departments of Govt of Odisha.
- Number of Posts: 765
- Nature of the Post: Recruitment on Contractual basis
Important Dates to Apply for Post of Junior Clerk
- Online Registration starts: 1st August 2017
- Last Date of Online Registration: 31st August 2017
- Online facility available from 1st August to 8th September 2017
Eligibility Criteria for the Post:-
To apply for this post your age should be in between 18 to 32 as on 1st April 2017. You must possess HSC certificate as a minimum qualification for the post.
|Name of the Post||Age Limit||Educational Qualification|
|Junior Clerk||Age Should be in between 18 to 32 as on date 01/04/2017||Must Pass in HSC (10+2) or any Equivalent Education|
There is an age relaxation for SC/ST and PWD candidates as follows.
- SC/ST/SEBC/ Women Category: 5 Years
- PWD candidates: 10 Years
Application Fees :
- For General Category: Rs 100/-
- For SC/ST/PWD: Free
The application can be paid through online as well as conventional Mode by deposit in any Govt treasury under the head of Account “0051-P.S.C-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination fee -007-fees collected for conducting Examination by OSSSC-02213”.
How to apply for Post of Junior Clerk?
Application for the post of the junior clerk is completely online. Registration can be done through official website www.osssc.gov.in.
You have to upload your Passport Size photo and Signature at the time of application.
If you are paying through offline mode, you have to upload Chalan Copy also.
|Paper-I||Part 1: Language Test( Odiya & English)||85||2.5 Hours|
|Part 2: Objective General Knowledge||100|
|Paper-II||Part 1: Objective Mathematics||100||3 Hours|
|Part 2: Basic Computer Skills(Objective Type)||100|
|Practical Skill Test|
|Item No 1||Essay and Letter Writing in Odiya||15||30 Minutes|
|Item No 2||Basic Computer Skills||50||1 Hour|
Syllabus of the Examination:-
Here is the complete syllabus you have to follow to prepare for the Exam.
1.. Language Test( English & Odiya)
A. English Language Test 50 marks
- Verbs, Tense, Active and Passive Voice, Subject-Verb Arrangement
- Connectors, Types of Sentences, Direct and Indirect Speech, Comparison
- Articles, Nouns, Pronouns, Prepositions
- Unseen Passage (400 to 450 words in length0 with a Variety of Comprehension questions
B. Odiya Language test 35 marks
- Grammer: 20 marks
- Translation (One English Passage of Around 100 words to be translated into Odiya: 5 Marks
- Comprehension of an unseen prose passage (5*2) 5 short question to be asked: 10 Marks
2.. Objective General Knowledge 100 Marks
In this Category, here should be a series of matching questions of different Categories like:-
- Matching Historical Events with dates, personalities and places, Geographical Facts with places
- States, Countries, and institutions with head quarters
- Book and Authors
- Scientific Facts and Discoveries with dates, persons and Uses
- Current Events with Places and Personalities
- Matching questions with miscellaneous type
3.. Objective Mathematics: 100 Marks
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound interest
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Ratio and Proportion
Under this, there will be a series of questions in practical mathematics required for day to day use.
4.. Basic Computer Knowledge(Objective): 100 Marks
- MS Word: Introduction to Windows
- MS Office: MS Word, Power point, Excel
5.. Practical Skill Tests
- Essay and Letter Writing in Odiya: 15 Marks
- Basic Computer Skills: 50 Marks
If you need more information, you can visit official website www.osssc.gov.in.