Chemistry is one subject that you will like and love or dread it for the rest of your life. Besides, students are required to take at least one chemistry course as a prerequisite before they can select their own subjects or streams.
However, if you are planning on to continue to study science and perhaps you are looking for a career in fields like medicine or engineering, then you will have to stick with chemistry for a long time.
Yes, Chemistry is one of the compulsory subjects to start a career in Engineering and Medicin.
While chemistry is a challenging subject, for example learning about Arrhenius equation can be hard, but there are few things that you can do to make studying the subject a lot more interesting and fun.
Studying chemistry can be really easy if it is approached in the right way.
Keeping this in mind, we have listed some of the effective study techniques that will help you to tackle all Chemistry problems. Let’s check them out below.
- The first and foremost thing you should do is to should accept the academic challenge of learning chemistry and then develop persistence, discipline, patience, concentration, and lots and lots of practice.
- With that done, you can get a bird’s eye view of your entire chemistry course from the very start. You can check out the syllabus, table of contents in your textbook, read the preface for ideas and you should also note the learning objectives, word lists, terminology, tables, graphs, marginal notes, summary statements, problems, etc.
- It is very important to get and understand the basics right. Chemistry as a subject moves from simple to the complex at different stages.
You should be attuned to the nature of the subject, understand its continuity and try not to miss important building blocks along the way.
- It is very important that you learn and practice the terminologies and the symbols of chemistry. You will be dealing with a lot of symbols in chemical reactions. Recite the definition and symbols of chemistry.
- Chemistry involves a lot of problem-solving. Working on problems and making them a part of every study session can be helpful.
- Another important activity is to hit the laboratory often. The laboratory is a great place to test your hypothesis and carrying out such activities as it will certainly help you to retain certain concepts like colligative properties, combustion, displacement, a lot longer.
- You should also try to solve past exam questions and mock papers. This is one of the best ways to study chemistry and at the same time prepare for the exams.
These are just some of the few tips for studying Chemistry effectively.
For more interesting content, students can subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube channel to learn about the different concepts in chemistry and also have a glimpse of how BYJU’S app is changing the way students learn.