IAS – Indian Administrative Service, a dream job for every Indian. Name, Fame and Power, it’s a combination of three. IAS Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Comission in India.
This year IAS Preliminary Examination is scheduled to be held on 23rd August 2015.
The IAS Preliminary Examination is an objective type paper which is qualifying Examination for Main. The candidates clear the Preliminary Examination will be eligible to attain the main Examination. It consists of two papers with a maximum of 400 marks. There are few list important books for IAS Examination.
Main Point to be noted:-
- For the selection to Main Examination, Candidate has to secure a minimum of 33% in Preliminary Paper II Examination.
- There is a Negative marking for Wrong answer.
- Know about Civil Service Aptitude Test
IAS Syllabus for Year 2015 :
Prelims Syllabus – Paper I
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Prelims Syllabus — Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)