The innovation of Science Pursuit for Inspire Research (INSPIRE) is an innovative scheme proposed by the Department of Science & Technology for attracting the talented students towards science.
The foremost objective of INSPIRE would be to interact with the youth population of the country and attract them towards the excitements of creative pursuit of science and to the study of science at an early stage and build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R&D base.
INSPIRE Scheme includes three programs and five components. They are
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talents for Science (SEATS)
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC).
The schematic diagram of the programme is given below.Ministry of Science and Technology is offering a Scholarship to all the students who have passed their 12th class exam in 2018 and pursuing their higher studies in Natural and Basic Science.
Under the SHE programme, the INSPIRE Scholarship is open to all category students. INSPIRE Scholarship 2018-2019 Online Application Forms will be get filled until 31st December 2018.
All the other details regarding the INSPIRE Scholarship2018-2019 such as Important Dates, Application Form & Fee, Eligibility Criteria, Amount, Result, Cut-off Marks, Helpline/ Toll-free Number etc are mentioned below in the article.
About INSPIRE Scholarship 2018-2019
The INSPIRE Scholarship 2018-19 is applicable for all the students who have opted 3-year B.Sc course or 5-year Integrated course and all the interested candidates can apply online or before the last date of submission.
|Providing Authority||Ministry of Science & Technology|
|Application Form Filling Start Date||Mid of October 2018|
|Last Date of Filling Application Form||Last Week of October 2018|
|Scholarship Amount||60,000 per year|
Eligibility Requirement to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship
Interested Candidates must go through the below the article for Eligibility Criteria for applying to INSPIRE Scholarship 2018-2019.
- Applying candidate must have passed 12th in 2018 from any recognized state or central board in India
- Candidate Pursuing B.Sc. or 5-year M.Sc. from any UGC recognized institution/University in Natural/ Basic Science in India can apply for the scholarship.
- This scholarship is available for students who happen to be among the top 1% scholars in 12th Board exams, for candidates in Top 10000 rank in any National competitive exams.
- JEE Advanced
- JEE Main
- INSPIRE is available to the students of IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS, Top 10000 rank students in JEE Advanced.
- Scholars of KVPY, NTSE, Olympiad toppers, JBNSTS who are choosing B.Sc. and M.Sc. as higher studies can apply for this scholarship.
- The students having INSPIRE scholarship, can’t avail any other scholarship.
Subjects Eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship
Perusing certain subjects in B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. opens the door for applying for INSPIRE Scholarship
|Name of Subjects||Name of Subjects|
Documents Requirements for INSPIRE Scholarships
While filling the application form students should have the scanned copy the following documents.
- Passport Size Photograph – compulsory – 50 KB
- Community/Caste Certificate –if belongs to the SC/ST/OBC -1MB
- Eligibility Note/ Advisory Note – if provided by state/central board – 1MB
- Class 10 mark sheet – compulsory for Date of birth – 1 MB
- Class 12 Mark sheet – compulsory – 1 MB
- Certificate specifying Rank or Award in (JEE Main/ JEE Advance/ NEET/KVPY/JBNSTS/NTSE/ International Olympic Medalist) – Only if eligible under this criterion – 1 MB
- Endorsement form signed by the Principal of the college/ Director of the Institute/Resister of the University – Compulsory – 1 MB
Note: There is no Application Form Fee for applying to INSPIRE Scholarship so, don’t pay anything for filling the Application Form.
INSPIRE Scholarship Amount
The INSPIRE Scholarship (SHE) will render an amount of Rs. 80,000/- to the eligible students for a maximum period of 5years in the following way.
- Every year students get an annual scholarship of Rs. 60,000.
- The students required to undertake a summer research project under an active researcher from the research center in India. A summertime attachment fee of Rs. 20,000 will be paid as Mentorship every year.
- The INSPIRE Scholarship Amount 2018-2019 will directly be deposited in your SBI Bank account.
INSPIRE Scholarship Renewal
- The students who are already availing the INSPIRE Scholarship need to renew their scholarship by filling the INSPIRE Scholarship 2018 Renewal Application Form.
- Continuation of the scholarship for the selected candidates is based upon the good academic performance in the examination conducted by the University.
- Visit the official website to know more about the INSPIRE Scholarship 2018-2019 Renewal.
If any student faces any issue in filling the application form or not getting the scholarship or any other issue regarding INSPIRE. Then the student can call the toll free number of the INSPIRE, This service is available during the working hours only.
INSPIRE Scholarship Helpline Number: 0120-4676260/ 011-26568099