The test is mainly conducted for the bellow departments.
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Revenue Services ( IRS)
- Indian Police Services (IPS)
- Indian Foreign Services (IFS)
Civil Service Examination is call as toughest test in India.
The Test is conducted in two phases, Preliminary and Main. The entire process of the test take one year of time frame. The Preliminary examination consists of two subjects , general studies and Aptitude Test where as Main Examination consists of nine papers of essay type.
Preliminary Test of Civil Service Examination :-
Preliminary test is held on May/June Every year. For this Examination notification is published in the month of December/ January and the result of the test announced in month of August. This is the first test to enter civil service job in India.
Main Test of Civil Service Examination :-
The main test is fall on October/November every year. The qualifying candidate of the preliminary test are allow for the main test. The result of the main examination is published in the month of March. Candidates who have cleared the Main examination , they will call for Personal Interview , which is last round of the test.
Eligibility For the Examination :-
- Candidate for the test must have citizen of India.
- Must have graduate form any of the recognized university of the India
- Degree from Open University / correspondence are also accepted for the eligibility
- candidate must have 21 years old and not more than 30 as on 1st August of the test year.
There is a limit of number of attempts for the Civil Service Examination.
- General Category and OBC Candidates( Under the creamy layer) can attempt maximum 6 time for the test
- OBC candidate can attempt maximum 9 times
- There is no limit of attempt for the SC/ST category of the candidate .
Civil Service Examination is a testing service for the prestigious job in India, Which includes Administrative, revenue, forest and Police service of India.