NIFT- National Institute of Fashion Technology invites application for its Ph.D. program for the year 2016 in Design, Management, and Technology. The program is designed for the purpose of research in textiles, fashion, and apparel sector and to create the knowledge in the same domain.
National Institute of Fashion technology was set up in 1986 under the aegis of Ministry of textiles, Govt of India. NIFT is treated as a premier institute in India having 15 centers across the country.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Program:
Following Criteria are considered for the admission to the Ph.D. program at NIFT.
- Postgraduate degree in the relevant area of Design, Management and Technology from a reputed Institute.
- If Master Degree is not relevant, Need minimum 10 years of professional Experience
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded in the PostGraduation degree.
- The area of research of the applicant has to be relevant to the field of fashion in terms of design, technology, and management.
Important Dates for Ph.D. Program:-
- Last date of Submission of Application form: 18/04/2016
- List of Shortlisted candidate to be announced: 29/04/2016
- Interview and Selection: 16/05/2016
- Announcement of Result: 31/05/2016
- Registration: 01/07/2016
How to Apply for Ph.D. Program:-
The application can be download and filled application must be reached IIFT along with an outline of the research proposal in a maximum of 3000 words.