There are plenty of material available over the net to prepare the CAT Examination, but most of the students prefer physical books to understand the theory before going to the online material. Books are handy to study and easy to understand the concepts of the subjects.
CAT 2015 complete syllabus will help you to choose the books for your preparation. In the syllabus, the questions are divided by into 4 parts, English/Verbal ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical reasoning and Data Interpretation.
Recommended books for English/Verbal ability for CAT examination:-
- Pearson Guide to verbal ability and logical reasoning
- A modern approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- English proficiency by IMS India
- English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS
- A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech
Recommended books for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT examination:-
- How to prepare for quantitative aptitude by Arun Sharma
- The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs
- NCERT Mathematics books for 8th, 9th & 10th standard & CBSE Mathematics books for 8th, 9th & 10th standard
Recommended books for Logical reasoning for CAT examination:-
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma.
- The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
Recommended books for Data Interpretation for CAT examination:-
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma
- The Pearson Guide to Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
After understanding complete concepts of the subjects, you can test yourself by Online free Mock Test for CAT 2015 Examination. You can able to judge your level of preparation from Mock test statistics.