For the last six decades, Xavier Aptitude Test or commonly known as XAT is being convened & conducted by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on the behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT exam score is accepted by XLRI along with top 150 Institutes.
XAT 2019 will be conducted on 6th January 2019. The exam duration is 3 hours from 10 AM to 1 PM. Mode for the exam is Online.
XAT exam date is nearing and you must aware of the important and crucial dates.
Important Dates for XAT 2019
If you have not applied for the XAT 2019, 30th November is the last date for registration. You must apply on or before 30th November.
Hurry!!! only 2 Days left to register for XAT 2019 without late fees.
|Exam Date||January 6, 2019|
|Exam Timings||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|Result Date||Last week of January 2019|
|Date of Commencement of Application||August 20, 2018|
|Last Date for Applying (without late fee)||November 30, 2018|
|Last Date for Applying (with late fee)||December 1 to December 07, 2018|
|Admit Card Download Date||December 20, 2018|
What is the Eligibility for XAT 2019?
Eligibility is the most important criteria to understand before applying for it.
Following points are meant for eligibility:
- Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree on the pattern of 10+2+3 pattern in any stream.
- Fresh candidates who are doing graduation can also apply but they have to produce a certificate of passing within a set time.
- A most important criterion of XAT is that age is not a bar.
XAT 2019 Exam Pattern
After registration for the Exam, look for the Syllabus and Exam Pattern of XAT 2019. That will help you to prepare easily and effectively.
Candidates should note the following points:
There will be four sections as follows:
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Decision making
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- General Knowledge (GK)
Let’s Understand in-depth for each Section.
Section 1 -Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
In verbal ability, you may get questions from following topics:
- Antonyms – Synonyms
- Completion of the paragraph
- Correct Use of Words
- Fill in the Blanks
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Sentence Completion/Correction
In LR subsection following topics are possible :
3. Binary Logic
4. Blood Relations
5. Coding and Decoding
6. Clocks and Calendars
7. Critical Reasoning
9. Identifying next number in series
10. Seating Arrangement
11. Visual reasoning
Section 2 – Decision Making
This section will test your ability to solve problems and cases. There will be 21-24 questions. Following topics are the core of this section :
- Complex Arrangements
- Conditions and Grouping Test
- Data Arrangement Test
- Decision Making in a Particular Situation
- Identifying Strong and Weak arguments
- Identifying valid inferences
Section 3 – QA & DI
QA questions can be from :
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex numbers
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Equations – Linear & Quadratic
- HCF & LCM
- Interest – Simple & Compound
- Mean – Arithmetic & Geometric
- Mixtures and Allegations
- Permutations & Combinations
- Progression – Arithmetic & Geometric
- Profit & Loss
- Ratios and Proportion
- Set Theory
- Speed, Time and Distance
Section 4 – GK
Further please note that:
- It is noteworthy that XAT 2019 will not have an essay which is the alarming change in pattern.
- Note that all questions will carry equal marks. Also, note that there will be negative marking in case of incorrect answers and un-attempted questions.
- You are allowed to switch between sections and will have access to the entire question paper and you will not get an on-screen calculator.
Candidates should note that XAT being a highly premium exam with which you can be eligible not only for 11 Xavier institutes but for other 100 plus top institutes who accept XAT scores. Time is ripe to apply immediately and register with XAT and get on to preparation to ace XAT.