If you are made your mind to prepare IAS exam, don’t simply jump to the ocean of information. You must know this information before preparing for IAS exam.
Time is the money, Don’t Waste it.
keep all the information ready with you before starting your preparation. Ready information will help you to save time and give you confidence at the time of the study.
Most Important Information Before Preparing for IAS Exam
I will point out the most important information which is required before you schedule your timetable.
- Eligibility: Are you Eligible to Apply for the Exam?
- Syllabus: Are you ok with the Syllabus to prepare?
- Exam pattern: Are you ok with the pattern of the Exam?
- Preparation materials: Do you have the information on IAS Preparation materials?
- Preparation Mode: Which mode you prefer to prepare? By joining a coaching center near to you or through online Study?
- Book for IAS Preparation: Do you have the list of Books which is used for IAS Preparation?
- Websites: Do you have the list of Websites to follow for Information and Materials for IAS Preparation?
- YouTube Channel: If you want to prepare from home, do you have the list of Best Youtube Channel to prepare for IAS Exam?
- Coaching Centers: Did you check out any of the coaching centers and it’s past record for joining?
- Time of Study: How much time you can dedicate for Preparation?
These are the Most Important point to consider before starting up preparation.
Eligibility is the 1st set of information that you must know in the initial stage. If you are not eligible, no point to proceed further.
What is the Eligibility Requirement to apply for IAS Exam?
Eligibility criteria are different as per the category of the aspirants.
Along with Educational qualification, Age is the 2nd factor which plays a major role in Eligibility requirement.
- For General Candidates: Age should be in between 21 to 32 Years
- For OBC Candidates: 3 Year Relaxation
- For SC ST Candidates: 5 Year Relaxation
- For Ex-Service Man: 5 Year Relaxation
If you are eligible to apply for the IAS Exam, then proceed for further steps for consideration.
How many numbers of attempts are allowed for IAS Exam?
The number of attempts is limited for IAS Exam and placed according to the Category of the candidates.
- For General Candidates: 6 Times
- For OBC candidates: 9 Times
- For SC/ST: No Limit
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category can attempt multiple times as there is no restriction for them.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Yes, you have to face a big Syllabus structure to prepare for IAS.
Obviously, as you are chasing India’s most prestigious position, you must be intelligent in every aspect.
The syllabus is heavy but can be covered, if you dedicated and smartly following up.
Choose your preparation mode as per convenient for you. Offline mode is quite expensive than online, but add special values like personal guidance.
Online is the low-cost model but easily available at your fingertips. You can use multiple sources of materials in your home without spending time on traveling.
Books are the main source of fundamental Knowledge. You must try these 15 books for IAS preparation.
Information is the only best guide to crack IAS Exam. Find out the right information and follow to get the good rank in the Exam.
Best of Luck!!