National Eligibility Test is conducted twice in a year for the selection of posts like Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). As per a recent announcement by Council of Scientific Industrial Research CSIR-NET December 2018 is scheduled to organize on 16th December 2018.
Interested candidates can apply for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship for subjects that come under the faculty of Science Technology including Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
For the NET, exam the application process will start from September 25, 2018. The interested and eligible candidates can register themselves online through the CSIR official website http://csirhrdg.res.in/
Important Dates for CSIR-NET December 2018
|Registration Starts||September 25, 2018|
|Registration Ends||October 15, 2018|
|Application for change in center excepted till||31st October 2018|
|Exam Date||16th December 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR-NET December 2018
To appear any examination, there is a specific eligibility criterion that candidates have to fulfill.
Below are the conditions of eligibility for CSIR-NET 2018.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates should have a Master’s or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The candidates must have passed in subjects like Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Minimum Marks: The percentage of marks required in the qualifying examination is
- 55% for General Category
- 50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PWD categories
- Final Exam Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Master’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Relaxation: 5% of Relaxation would be given to D. degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.
Age Requirement for CSIR-NET December 2018
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years as on 1st July 2018.
- Relaxation: There is a 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit for the SC, ST, female applicants and PWD category candidates.
- 3-year relaxation for OBC candidates
- Age Limit: No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Lectureship
Application Fee for CSIR-NET December 2018
Candidates have to pay some amount as application fee that varies category- wise.
Once the application fee is paid, is not refundable or not transferable under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to pay any transaction charges for using payment gateway facility.
Note: Other Backward Class (OBC) candidate whose caste is not listed in the Central List and/or who do not belong to OBC (Non Creamy Layer), though his/her caste is listed in the central list, shall apply as ‘General’ candidate and is required to pay Examination fee of Rs.1000/-.
Mode of Payment
- Candidates can pay the Application fee through credit/ debit card or through Net Banking.
Documents to be attached
The online application has provision for uploading the following documents and candidates should upload all the documents applicable to them:
- Scanned recent passport size photograph with a light background in JPEG/JPG format with dimension ranging from 35mm width x 45mm height (Max. 280×360 pixels; Min. 150×180 pixels; Min. 200DPI; File size should be less than 150KB
- Scanned Signature with dimension ranging from 35mm width x15mm height (Max. 280×120 pixels; Min. 100×40 pixels; Min. 200 DPI in JPEG/JPG format. File size should be less than 150 KB
- Qualifying final mark sheet clearly mentioning the semester that you are pursuing or passed with a clear indication of % of mark scored, to confirm your eligibility to take the exam.
- PDF format
- File size should be less than 400KB
- Category Certificate as proof that you belong to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)
- PDF format
- File size should be less than 400KB
- PWD Certificate
- PDF format
- File size -less than 400KB
Candidates applying under Result Awaited (RA) category should upload the Attestation Form duly attested by the HOD of the University/College/Institute in PDF format with a File size less than 400KB
Note: All the valid filename; should have only one extension. Only Alpha-Numeric characters allowed with a hyphen (-) and underscore (_). Space not allowed
The test will be held at 27 centers all over India, as specified along with center codes below.
- Candidates can opt for any of the above centers according to their convenience while filling the form
- No request for change of center would ordinarily be granted. However, a request in writing for change of Centre may be entertained on merits, if received in the Exam Unit through email to email@example.com by 31.10.2018.
CSIR-NET December 2018 Exam Pattern
Below the candidates can check the UGC NET 2018 exam pattern which tells about the number of questions, marking scheme, type of questions, duration of the exam and other details related to the exam.
- Papers: There will be one paper in the examination
- Exam Mode: Examination will be conducted in Pen & Paper Mode i.e., Hand Written
- Number of Questions: A total of 120 questions will be asked in NET which is divided into 3 sections.
- Section A – 20 Questions
- Section B– 40 Questions
- Section C– 60 Questions
- Type of Questions: Question Papers will be of Objective type
- The Section-A consists of General Aptitude Questions, Reasoning Aptitude
- Section-B contains questions related to the subject selected by candidates
- Section- C contains questions with multiple answers related to the subject selected by candidates
- The medium of Paper: Candidate can choose the paper medium in either Hindi or English. The choice for the paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form.
- Marking Scheme:
- For Section A, each question carries 2 marks
- Section B, each Question carries 3 marks
- Section C, each Question carries 4.75 marks
- Negative Marking:
- For Section A there will be negative marking @ 0.5 marks for each wrong answer
- For section B @ 0.75 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- There is no negative marking for Section C.
Exam Duration CSIR-NET December 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for the December session will be uploaded on the website on Last week of November 2018. Candidates need to bring the admit card to the test center in addition to a Photo-Identity Card.
Acceptable Photo Identity Card can be of
- Driving license
- College/Institute Identity Card,
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Voters ID card, etc.
CSIR-NET December 2018 Answer Key
After the successful conduct of examination, the CSIR NET answer key 2018 will be published in the month of December.
CSIR-NET December 2018 Result
- The CSIR NET 2018 result will be announced by CSIR through online mode.
- The result will be declared In the Month of March or April 2019.
- By entering the roll number and date of birth candidates can check their results
Candidates are required to answer a maximum of 15, 25 and 20 questions from Part ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ respectively. If more than the required number of questions are answered, only first 15, 25 and 20 questions from Part ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ respectively, will be taken up for evaluation.
If any changes regarding the examination happen we will update those on this website.