LSAT – Law School Admission Test is a Centralized national level test to screen the candidates for Admission into Various law colleges in India.
LSAT is an integral part of the admission process in the USA, Canada and many more countries for the career in law.
The test is designed by the USA Based Law School Admission Council and LSAT India is managed by the Pearson Group of Education.
Like CLAT, LSAT is also a pen and paper-based Test whereas application process is completely online.
Eligibility for LSAT 2019 Exam
There is no formal eligibility structure assigned for the LSAT Exam. LSAT Applications are open to everybody but have to check the intake eligibility for Individual Institute.
Institutes are having their own eligibility structure along with LSAT Score.
The LSAT score is an initial level Screening option for the Admission into Law courses.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for LSAT 2019
LSAT is a standard Test to evaluate reading and verbal reasoning Skill of the candidates. The test is designed to access the critical thinking skills of the aspirants rather than mathematical Skills.
There is no Negative marking or penalty for the wrong answer. You can guess the appropriate one as your choice.
You will get the objective type Multiple-choice question to answer in the exam within 2 hours and 20 Minutes of Time duration.
- Test Duration: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
- Question Type: Multiple Choice questions
|Section||Number of Questions||Timing|
|Analytical Reasoning||Approx. 24||35 minutes|
|1st Logical Reasoning||Approx. 24||35 minutes|
|2nd Logical Reasoning||Approx. 24||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||Approx. 24||35 minutes|
|4 Sections||92-100 Questions||2 hours and 20 minutes|
Note that the particular time of 35 Minutes is assigned to each Section. No carry forward time is allowed to the students for the Examination.
As an Example, you have to answer the question of each subject within 35 Minute. After time over, will not be allowed to look back for the section.
You have to answer the section within the assigned time limit.
This section is designed to evaluate the ability to understand the structure of the relationship and to draw a logical conclusion into it. Analytical reasoning reflects the kind of complex analysis that the law students perform at the time of legal education.
In this section, you have to answer the question from a passage given to you. These questions access the ability to analyze, critically evaluate and complex arguments as they occur in ordinary language.
Reading Comprehension Questions
This section measures your ability to read, with understanding and insights. You will find four sets of reading questions along with reading materials to answer 4 to 9 questions.
You have to read thoroughly with understanding within a time frame to answer the questions.
Important Dates for LSAT India
- Registration Window open: 16th October 2018
- Registration Window Ends: 20th May 2019
- Admit Card Release: 22nd Mat 2019 to 1st June 2019
- LSAT India Test Date: 2nd June 2019 (Sunday)
- Announcement of Result: Date Not Announced
Location of the Test centers for LSAT 2019 Exam
Test centers are available in multiple locations across the country. Select your preference as per convenience.
- North: Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow, Dehradun, Jammu, Varanasi
- South: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Vijayawada
- West: Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur, Indore
- East: Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Guwahati, Patna
How to apply for LST 2019?
The registration process for LSAT is completely online. (No Offline procedure/ Forms are available to apply for it].
After Valid registration, fill the application form with correct details and proceed for the Fees payment. Fees can be paid online through Credit/Debit card or net banking.
LSAT Application Fees: Rs. 3800/-
List of Colleges Accepting LSAT Score for Admission
Below is the list of colleges that are accepting LSAT Score for their admission process. You have to coordinate with the institute to understand the eligibility Structure along with Test Score.
- OP Jindal Global University
- Bennett University
- CMR University, School of Legal Studies
- Kalinga University
- ISBR Law College Bangalore
- GD Goenka University Bangalore
- IFIM Law School
- Alliance University
- NMIMS Institute of Law
- PES University
- Azim Premji University
- Presidency University
- Auro University
- UPES College of Legal Studies
- Indore Institute of Law
- MAT Law School
- NCU Law School
- Asian Law College
- GITAM University
- Ansal University
- VIT University
- SRM University
- AMITY University
- KLE Society’s law College
- Shrada University
- Galgotias University
- Lovely Professional University
- ICFAI University
- Haldia Law College
- IIMT Greater Noida
- AISECT University Bhopal
- Jaipur School of Law
- JECRC University
- JSS Law College
- NA Global Law School
- Raffles School of Law
- Reva University
- RNBGU School of Law
- Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law
- Jagran Lake city University
- School of Law, Noida International School
- Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun
- The ICFAI Law School
Books to Prepare for the LSAT examination
As books are the primary source of knowledge for any competitive preparation, will give the list of top 10 available books which can be used to prepare for LSAT.
- 10 Actual, Official LSAT Preptests: 5 (Lsat Series)
- LSAT Unlocked 2018-2019: Proven Strategies For Every Question Type + Online (Kaplan Test Prep) Paperback – 5 Dec 2017
- The Official LSAT Handbook Paperback – 1 May 2010
- McGraw-Hill’s LSAT Logic Flashcards Paperback – 16 Feb 2012
- LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible Paperback – 1 Sep 2018
- The LSAT Trainer: A Remarkable Self-Study Guide for the Self-Driven Student Paperback – 2 Apr 2017
- LSAT Logic Games Unlocked 2018-2019: Real PrepTest Questions + Proven Strategies + Online (Kaplan Test Prep) Paperback – 5 Sep 2017
- LSAT Reading Comprehension Bible (Powescore LSAT Bible)
- LSAT Reading Comprehension: Strategy Guide + Online Tracker (Manhattan Prep LSAT Strategy Guides) Paperback – 2 Aug 2016
- Manhattan LSAT Set of 3 Strategy Guides (Manhattan LSAT Strategy Guides) Paperback – Import, 15 Mar 2011
All these books are available on Amazon to purchase. No need to buy all, just sect the right one which is your requirement then start preparing for the Test.
The last date for LSAT 2019 is 20th May, you have sufficient time to consider for this and apply on or before the last date.